When I had my first child I was given SO many clothes for him, more then I could ever need! Lots of new and hand-me-down items, which is amazing. And he really did wear almost all of it. But I thought I’ll keep everything and once he’s too big I’ll sort through and decide what I want to keep and what I should donate. But I ended up holding onto everything just from getting so busy and then thought I’ll wait for someone else in my close circle to have a baby and then I’ll sort through, just in case.
Well about a month before my sons first birthday, I was pregnant again!! I ended up having another son. So all the clothing I had stock piled could be used again. Now I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old. And they share a closet, a dresser and a cubicle shelf with 9 compartments. The mess is driving me crazy SO I’m going to reorganize it all. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to show you how I organize!
- Visualize your space; what are you working with
- Figure out what categories you will have (pants, sweaters, tops etc.)
- Draw out your storage spaces and write where you’re going to put each category. Ignore the mess but it’s just a nice visual to have. The top picture is my sons cubicle storage, then under what I will be hanging in the closet, then an IKEA fabric storage rack, and the final box is just extra blankets I’m going to put on the top shelf of the closet.
- Now, sort through everything.
- Put everything in piles (keep, donate & storage)
Note: The Ziplock vacuum seal bags are your best friend for optimal storage!
Hopefully this helped some of you! I’ll be uploading pictures soon!